Zoom video conferencing software is easy to use. Please read more about Zoom here to familiarize yourself with Zoom and ensure an optimal meeting experience.
BEFORE THE MEETING:
- Install Zoom by clicking here.
- At the time of the meeting, all you need to do is click on the link you received via email and the meeting will start for you.
- Please choose a private, quiet place for our meeting. Use earphones if possible.
- Prefer not to be on video? You can turn off your camera. If you cannot join by computer, you can use your smart phone to join the meeting or simply call in by phone.
- Sign up for the support group email list here to receive the AMG monthly reminder emails and Zoom links to attend future meetings.
- If you have not received the link, please text Rachel at 908-310-3397 as soon as possible and before 6:00 pm on the night of the meeting.
DURING THE MEETING:
- Mute your microphone
To help keep background noise to a minimum, make sure you mute your microphone when you are not speaking.
- When your microphone is unmuted, be mindful that background noises are easily picked up and even magnified for other listeners on the call. Therefore, do what you can to minimize ambient noise and refrain from engaging in noisy ancillary activities while on the call and unmuted.
- Choose SPEAKER or GALLERY view.
You can control how you view the other participants, by choosing either Speaker or Gallery view, depicted by an icon, usually located in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Location of various icons vary from device (computer screen, tablet, ipad, phone) and operating system utilized (pc, mac).You can toggle between views by simply clicking on the icon with your cursor. Gallery view lets you see thumbnail displays of participants, in a grid pattern, which expands and contracts as participants join and leave the meeting. Speaker view allows you to see a large image of only who is speaking at a given moment.
- Using video option. By clicking on the video icon, usually located at the bottom left hand corner of your screen, you can turn your video on or off, controlling whether others on the call can see you or not. While we encourage keeping your video on so that others can better experience your presence, you have control of this option throughout the meeting by simply clicking on the icon to toggle between video on/off options.
- Position your camera properly: If you choose to use a web camera, be sure it is in a stable position and focused at eye level, if possible. Doing so helps create a more direct sense of engagement with other participants.
- Prefer to not see yourself on video? If you don’t mind being seen by other participants, but find it distracting to see your own image, right click on your picture on the screen and select the “hide video” option. This keeps your video active but removes it from your own screen.
FOR ADVANCED ZOOM INSTRUCTIONS <click here>